RESIDENT RELOCATION GUIDE
As situations and arrangements change, residents and their families can find themselves in need of relocation from one skilled nursing facility or post-acute care setting to another. iCare is here to help.
Whether a relocation is required for proximity, specialty services, personal or lifestyle changes, preference, financial hardship, a nursing facility closure or any other reason, consider an iCare facility to help meet your unique and individualized needs.
To ease your mind, we have tailored the relocation experience to minimize disruption. We are able to offer the following services to ensure ease and accommodation:
- Keep your current roommate. If you wish to be admitted to a semi-private room and would like to keep the roommate you have in your current skilled nursing setting, we can accommodate.
- Free furniture moving service. Residents in long term care have generally surrounded themselves with more comforts of home. Let us move all of your belongings to your new home with iCare.
- Phone and cable activation included. It will be ready for you when or soon after your arrive.
- Assistance in arranging transportation, near or far. Let us arrange taxi/Uber, wheelchair van or ambulance.
Available Clinical Programs and Services
- Specialized memory care delivered in a secured unit setting within five iCare locations. Part of the Greater Hartford Memory Care Centers.
- iRecovery Program: Substance use treatment and counseling (available in English and Spanish language) coupled with medication assisted treatment, Suboxone, Methadone and Vivitrol available.
- Touchpoints signature Congestive Heart Failure and COPD program.
- Secure behavioral health units.
- Orthopedic, neurological and cardiac rehab.
- Title 19 (Medicaid) and active smokers accepted and accommodated.
- And much, much more…See all of iCare and Touchpoints’ clinical services and programs and all of our facilities here…
Interested? Please call iCentral admissions office at (860) 812-0788 or email us at moc.tnemeganameraci@lartneci.
Bloomfield | East Windsor | Farmington | Hartford | Manchester | Meriden | Rocky Hill
News & Updates
Discover the latest from our blog
Touchpoints at Chestnut Holds 'Winter Olympics' for Residents
February 19, 2018The residents and staff at Touchpoints at Chestnut have decided to get in on this action and have their very own winter games with a twist, Some of the scheduled events include Figure Skating, Table Curling and Olympic Bingo. The first week has been a huge success with lots of laughs and smiles. Go team TAC!
iCare Directors of Nursing Celebrate Valentine's Day with Luncheon
February 16, 2018iCare’s Director of Nursing team along with the regional clinical team celebrated Valentine’s Day with a luncheon at Chelsea Place Care Center.
The Optum Commitment to Excellence Award is given to members of the Skilled Nursing Facility’s care team who exemplify United Healthcare’s cultural values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance. On January 4th Optum’s clinical team was excited to recognize Westside LPN Natashia Heinecker and her commitment to these values.
As previously teased here, Touchpoints Rehab and iCare now have a commercial running on NBC in the 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang. A special thanks again to our star, Touchpoints at Bloomfield’s Director of Nursing, Shanta Griffiths, and to the residents and staff at Touchpoints at Farmington for hosting the film crew and making the ad possible. Thank you also to NBC who has been excellent to work with.
JOB ALERT -- Vice President of Clinical, Director of Substance Use Disorders and Behavioral Programming
February 8, 2018iCare Management is seeking candidates for two open leadership positions: Vice President of Clinical and Director of Substance Use Disorders and Behavioral Programming.
Touchpoints at Bloomfield Celebrates American Heart Month
February 7, 2018February is designated as American Heart Month to bring attention and awareness to the prevalence and severity of heart disease in the United States. Touchpoints at Bloomfield staff and residents wore red on February 2, 2018 for National Wear Red Day. Did you know that nearly a quarter of deaths in the United States are caused by heart disease? While that statistic is staggering, the good news is that heart disease is often preventable.
Healthy Living When You Have Congestive Heart Failure
February 1, 2018Heart failure is essentially a weakness of the heart muscle and is most commonly known as congestive heart failure (CHF). There are many steps to managing CHF for you or a loved one. It is a chronic disease process that requires constant attention and management but a good quality of life is within reach. Many great programs exist and healthcare providers are paying more attention to this disease process than ever.
iCare Holds Nursing Skills Day at Keeney Center
January 29, 2018iCare held a clinical skills training session for a team of RNs and LPNs at the Keeney Center in Wethersfield on January 28th. Skills and techniques reviewed by the instructors included managing non-invasive ventilators, CAD pump systems, mechanical ventilation in emergencies and more.