At iCare Management, LLC, we have committed ourselves to enriching the lives of the residents we serve. In pursuit of this mission we have dedicated ourselves to the highest quality patient care within our facilities. We are currently looking for a Transitional Care Nurse.
Under the direction of the Director of Care Transitions, the Transitional Care Nurse excels in clinical interaction and communication for patients at the acute care, skilled nursing and home discharge levels, with a focus on high acuity/intensive focus post-acute programs such as congestive heart failure, COPD, post open heart surgery, and patients within accountable care organizations and preferred provider networks.
Transitional Care Nurses also build patient, family, staff and census relationships. The successful candidate will require with more than just skill and experience. We look for individuals with an exceptional amount of compassion and dedication to help each patient through the transition of specific care needs in various health care locations.
Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Connecticut with a minimum of five years of clinical experience. Hospital and/or Long Term Care experience of 5 years or more is preferred. Relationship building, corporate, development or previous transitional care experience is highly desirable and an important element in securing each patient as they have many options to choose from. Ability to multi-task and balance a multitude of competing priorities a must.
Job Responsibilities: As a Transitional Care Nurse your role will serve to represent and promote iCare Management and Touchpoints Rehab centers through; hospital onboarding patients, identification of new patients, and accurate clinical evaluation of patient needs. The Transitional Care Nurse is an integral part of the patient’s transition throughout the health care continuum. Successful applicants will have and/or create trusting and synergistic relationships with hospitals and physicians who are discharging post acute, skilled nursing patients. Strong knowledge of local healthcare market. Ability to travel regularly within your community to multiple iCare locations.
- Secure patient referrals from key healthcare organizations.
- Ability to obtain/assess quickly with new referrals
- Assess and communicate patient healthcare needs prior to admission
- Coordinate admission with the team
- Extensive communication with physicians and mid-level providers from multiple referral sources such as tertiary care centers, physicians’ offices, cardiology services and many more.
- Extensive rounding within multiple facilities
- Patient assessment and interview
- Ordering and tracking of interventions, balancing and tracking daily weights, medication changes, clinical labs monitoring.
- Assist patient and family as a resource in education as they transition through the health care continuum.
- Assist with planning and managing positive discharges and outcomes including transition to home care services.
Benefits: Standard iCare benefits apply. Contact Human Resources for details. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Apply via Career Builder at the following link: